During phase 4 that began last Friday, it was established that bars and restaurants can open to provide lunch/dinner service within the premises, with a maximum of 50 people gathered in the same indoor location and a maximum of 100 people outdoors as long as distancing is followed.
Some of the establishments that will reopen in phase 4 are:
- Indoor seating in bars and restaurants: 25% capacity with a limit of 50 people
- Museums and zoos: group tours temporarily unavailable
- Acting locations
- Summer camps/youth activities
- Gyms: with capacity limits
How to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- People should continue to wear face covers, practice social distancing, stay home if they feel sick, and be tested if they have symptoms of coronavirus.
- When you dine in public respect the facility’s capacity limits and be patient.
- You can enter an establishment to shop, order, or dine, but you must maintain 6 feet of separation and respect the minimum capacity of the establishment.
- Establishments must regularly disinfect areas with heavy human trafficking.
- Keep 6 feet away from other people on your day by day activities
- Customers must cover their mouths to order in establishments. Remember: without a mask, there is no service.
The city of Chicago highly encourages employers to indicate your ability to comply with the city’s standards by completing the self-certification process.
For more information on the guidelines for the reopening of establishments in Chicago visit: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/reopening-business-portal.html https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/reopening-business-portal/business-self-certification.html